Wednesday, April 2

Time for another Good Idea, Bad Idea

Good Idea: getting back together with old friends to make a successful collaboration.
Bad Idea: stealing old friends in order to copy a successful collaboration.

or

Good Idea: Sixpence None the Richer is recording and touring together again.
Bad Idea: NBC is creating a spin-off of The Office, set to air after the super bowl this fall. NBC executive Ben Silverman says, "It’s very likely you will see some of those actors [from The Office] on the spin-off."

I'm sure Leigh Nash and Matt Slocum have plenty of creativity left, but I'm afraid an Office spin-off while the original is still running can only hurt both the old and new shows. I think I'll watch this to cheer myself up.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Which actors? That sounds kind of terrible. I can't envision the Office missing a single cast member. Maybe it will focus on Ryan and corporate or Karen at the other branch? Blehh. I hope it doesn't jump the shark.
I'm thinking back through other spin-offs: MTM had several: Rhoda, for one, which I loved, but that was after the show ended, right? Grey's Anatomy spun-off one that I think went well, but they were appealing to an older demographic.
Who do you think will leave the show?